ReactJS Fundamentals Workshop
Learn the foundational concepts necessary for building React applications and libraries
Working effectively with React requires an understanding of JSX and React elements. Many engineers work with React for months or years without ever having a clear idea of how JSX works or what it even really is. They memorize a list of rules and miss out on opportunities to make their code more expressive and maintainable. Additionally, building applications in React requires an understanding of code reuse through custom components, using and changing data over time (state), handling user events, and working with forms.
In this workshop, you’ll learn everything you need to be effective with the fundamental building block of React applications. When you’re finished, you’ll be prepared to create React components to build excellent experiences for your app's users.
- Create HTML elements with React's createElement API
- Use JSX to create React elements for DOM nodes
- Creating custom components
- Styling your app with React
- Handling user events
- Basic forms with React
- Dynamic forms with React
- Using React Fragments
- What is the “key” prop and how to use it effectively
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and DOM APIs.