May 28, 2018
A quick demo of the browser extension you should definitely be using.
This last week I had someone criticize using React component state because:
there are no browser dev tools for inspecting [component state]
Maybe this person just forgot about the official React DevTools browser extension, maybe they didn't know about it. Whatever the case may be, it made me realize that some people probably don't know about the browser extension, so I thought I'd share it with you.
After considering it a bit, I decided that it would be easiest to share this with you all via a quick (8 minute) video demo of the extension so here you have it (the gif is a summary preview...)!
Learn more about React from me:
- egghead.io (beginners) — My Beginner's Guide to React absolutely free on egghead.io.
- egghead.io (advanced) — My Advanced React Component Patterns course available on egghead.io today! This will be updated with the new context API and new patterns very soon!
- Frontend Masters — My Advanced React Patterns workshop (updated with the new patterns and context API).
- Workshop.me — I'm giving my Advanced Component Patterns workshop in person in Portland in July!
- Workshop.me — I'm giving my Intro to React workshop in person in Salt Lake City in August!
Things to not miss:
- crapp no-more-npm-install-waiting-for-a-create-react-app — A handy idea from Ryan Florence.
- github-contributions.now.sh — GitHub Contributions Chart Generator. All your contributions in one image! By Sallar Kaboli
- bundlephobia — find the cost of adding a npm package to your bundle. By Shubham Kanodia.